OS X Server 10.6.6 Update Released
Thursday, January 6th, 2011
Apple releases OS X 10.6.6 Server and Client today. Here are are the updates:
This update includes the Mac App Store, a new application you’ll find in the Dock. The Mac App Store includes the following features:
- Discover Mac apps: Browse featured apps, top charts, and categories; or, search for something specific. Read detailed app descriptions and user reviews, and flip through screen shots.
- Buy and install: Easily purchase apps with your iTunes account. Apps install in one step and are quickly available from the Dock.
- App updates: The Mac App Store keeps track of all your purchased apps and notifies you when free updates are available.
- Fixes a DNS resolution issue for Mac OS X Server v10.6.5. The system now properly resolves a DNS alias (CNAME) that points to a host in a .local domain.
- Improves Mac OS X Server security. For more information about the security content of Mac OS X Server v10.6.5 see this article.
- Includes all the improvements in the previous 10.6.1, 10.6.2, 10.6.3, 10.6.4 and 10.6.5 updates.
- Mac OS X Server v10.6.6 also includes all improvements delivered in the client Mac OS X v10.6.6 Update.
More information is available on Apple’s site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4460